Wednesday 18 March 2009

Rendering

Monday was spent rendering, a fairly labourious task in itself. I ended up doing two renders, a texture and occlusion, and the laying them ontop of each other in aftereffects. The final result had a pretty crisp, deep look which I was really happy with. For the background in the exterior shots, I used a mental ray physical sky/sun shader. The only other tricky part of the render/composite process was editing everything with teh music I picked, a song called 'Dont't be that way' by Benny Goodman. Overall, the project I thought came together pretty succesfully, althought if im being honest with myeslf, I should have spent more time on it in the early stages of the project, I could have possibly finished my initial idea fo the sign outside(which I would have done iwth 2 texture maps for the 500 poly model, and then actually modelled if Id done the higher versions) Anyway, its handed in now, although I expect Ill do a little work on it over the easter break, Im feeling far more competent in Maya now than I have before, and I dotn want to lose that confident feeling I get when Im working now. Heres a copy of the final cut of the film, if i continue posting anything, it will be on my Creative Crisps


No comments:

Post a Comment