Wednesday 18 March 2009

Slightly Unconventional

Well, the last few weeks have easily been the buisiest of the term. Having been sick with a fairly bad cold for the first half of Febuary, I took it upon myself to try and round of the two projects we'd been assigned together, spending last week on the compositing project, while in the evenings working at home on the Industrial Exercises project, which Ill write about here. By the end of the project, Id found that I had focused most of my energies on the modelling and texturing sides of things, not using alot of animation(other than the cameras) and using alot of simple render settings and compositing effects. What Ill do here, as I slacked off slightly in the journal keeping aspects of things, is post a series of stills from when things were a WIP as well as a set of final stills from the film....

I ended up sticking with the original model from before, I felt that to add more polys, Id be doing it solely for the sake of adding more polygons, which seemed like it slightly defeated the purpose. I was happy with the way it looked, and the amount of detail that was visible in it.The texturing on the exterior was nothing fancy, I exported a UV snapshot, painted it in photoshop(twice...a litlte computer mishap) and then just reapplied it. It fit together perfectly nad I was pretty pleased with the textures Id made. Most of them(the concrete, tar, and stucco) were just basic colours with certain amounts of added noise, sharpness and blur. The best one I think, which unforutnaltly is hardly visible, is the edging around the windows. I went with a kind of brushed aluminum, which was a noise filter on a light grey with a motion blur filter on that. Overall, I am pretty happy with the way the exterior turned out, and the occlusion pass I did for the final renders I think made everything really pop...

No comments:

Post a Comment